Establishment of Self-managed Superannuation Funds
As the Government encourages Australians to take responsibility for and reach their financial retirement goals, citizens are repeatedly required to deal with superannuation funds. Self-managed superannuation is a means of saving for retirement. It enables you to control your investment strategy, reduce tax while obtaining tax benefits, and control administration costs.
Superannuation law is a delicate area and personalised planning is required for each individual. The team at GPK have superannuation experts who can assist in establishing a superannuation fund that will effectively enable you to reach your financial retirement goals.
There are several trust laws and legislative requirements for setting up a self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF). Typically you need to:
- Obtain a trust deed
- Appoint trustees
- Sign a trustee declaration (NAT 71089)
- Elect to become a regulated fund
- Obtain a tax file number (TFN)
- Obtain an Australian business number (ABN)
At GPK we provide the professional advice you need to set up your own fund and greatly simplify the process for you.
Services we offer include:
- Establishing self-managed superannuation funds
- Completing information for the Insurance and Superannuation Commissions
- Superannuation audits
- Advice on compliance matters
- Advice on taxation benefits
- Advice on employer obligations